Monday, April 16, 2007

New Yorker Cartoonist


Above is my first official New Yorker cartoon reject.

There was a great article recently in The New York Times by New Yorker cartoonist Caroline H. Dworin which triggered my interest in trying to get into the New Yorker. I've since had a chance to meet this writer/cartoonist and thank her in person for this new career path. There's an interesting interview with Sam Gross and Matthew Diffee online. Sam Gross is the cartoonist I'm indebted to for getting me started doing gag cartoons (as of last week). Matthew Diffee is a young cartoonist who came out with the best-selling book The Rejected Collection (incidentally, published by the same people currently working on my book). I actually did the same idea five years earlier in Details magazine.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: