Tuesday, September 9, 2008

4 Recommendations to Accommodate Your Senses

Dear Freelancers,
Need to be inspired? Let me recommend going to these four places;

1) The Grady Alexis Gallery will be showing Manhatitlan Codex a collection of artist Felipe Galindo a.k.a. Feggo. The paintings were inspired by Mexican immigration to the U.S. The Meet the Artist Reception is Friday, September 12th, 6 to 9 pm. The show goes on until October 18th. To learn more about Feggo read Freelancer's Lament interview with the man.


2) Spoken word artist, Joe Frank is a genius. "I came upon Joe Frank's work by accident a number of years ago while driving to my home in the Napa Valley late at night. I couldn't believe the originality and sheer brilliance of what I was hearing. From that moment on I became a dedicated Joe Frank fan." – Francis Ford Coppola. He can be heard on the following or free downloads on iTunes by typing in Joe Frank or becoming a member on his website where his past programs are available;

California KPFA 94.1 FM / KPFB 89.3 Berkeley Sundays at 9:00 PM





KDVS 90.3 FM Davis Saturdays at 11:00 PM
Colorado KDUR 91.9 / 93.9 FM Durango Sundays at 10:00 PM

KHEN 106.9 FM Salida Tuesdays at 11:00 PM




Illinois WBEZ 91.5 FM Chicago Sundays at 11:00 PM




Massachusetts WMUA 91.1 FM Amherst Tuesdays at 10:00 PM on "Strange Bedfellows"




Montana KGLT 91.9 FM Bozeman Sundays at 9:00 PM




New York WNYC 820 AM New York, NY Sundays at 11:00 PM




Satellite XM Satellite Channel 163 Thursdays 11:00 PM (Eastern) 8:00 PM (Pacific)




3) This website has high-quality short stories by new and/or established writers. "Filmmakers, musicians, and other artists are already exploring innovative alternatives to the traditional, top-down models of publication. Now Fictionaut brings the possibilities of the social web to literary writing. Part self-selecting magazine, part community network, Fictionaut is a way for readers to discover new voices and for writers to share their art, gain recognition, and connect with their audience and each other." – Fictionaut


4) For those who want to be more interactive and dive right into the action let me recommend Open Salon. I have some posts there myself; some new and a couple which have appeared here before. I'll be happy to answer any questions about this site as I've been involved there for a while.


So there you go. Here's a photo from Brimfield, Massuchusetts where I was last week. I did a book signing but, fortunately, ran out during the first day...(yeah!)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: