Friday, March 23, 2007

Tools of the Trade Part II


For any I may have misled thinking I was going to talk about physical tools of the trade, here’s a quick tech post.

I use a pair of Mac Intels, each with their own Wacom pad and each with a “continuous” pair of monitors. A pair of G4s and a laptop are my back-ups. An external hard drive, the size of a pack of cigarettes, and a subscription to .Mac, theoretically, keep the computers in sync, along with a handful of thumb drives that are God knows where (things are constantly disappearing in my life – I’m like a melon truck on a bumpy road).

The other day one of the monitors turned green, like it ate a bad file. So off to the chat rooms for a diagnosis I went. I tried using the monitor on its side, tried degaussing, wiggling the cables, kicking it. Finally, its color reappeared when I turned the monitor around to face the wall.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: