Monday, November 27, 2006

I Feel Your Pain

Today a Florida judge ordered that cartoonist Jose Varela be held for mental exams being arrested for holding the Miami Herald newsroom hostage for three hours with a knife and fake machine gun. The disgruntled freelancer draws cartoons for the paper and demanded to meet with the head editor. As Chris Rock once joked, I don’t approve…but I understand.

And psychological tests for cartoonists is always a sound idea, anyway.

When we last left MY dilemma, my publisher was crushing my lifelong hopes and dreams. It’s Monday and I’ve received dozens of e-mails of support and advise regarding my predicament. This group also includes the principles in the story, who assure me everyone wants me to produce a book I’m happy with…as long as I’m happy producing a gift book in their vision. Everyone will be discussing this further later today. Meanwhile, time to clean up around here. Tomorrow morning a TV show is interviewing me in my house about my non-existent book and the enormous antique snowman collection I've amassed. Below is a small part of this display. I’m torn about to what to serve the crew. I’m thinking deli meats.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Buffie said...

I don't know how inclined you are in the kitchen, but you could try this.

Chicken Poppers

Makes 25 to 30 appetizers

Ingredients:
3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup ground fully cooked ham
25 to 30 cubes cheddar cheese (1/2 inch cubes)
1 lb sliced bacon
2 to 3 Tbsp oil
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:
Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness; cut into 1 1/2 inch strips. Spread each with 1 tsp ham. Place a cheese cube on the end of each strip; roll up. Cut each slice of bacon in half widthwise. Wrap each around a chicken roll up; secure each with a toothpick.
In a large skillet, cook roll ups in oil until bacon is crispy, about 10 min. Add the broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 to 15 min or until chicken juices run clear. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.